Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Affair and Answer

May 5th was a date to bethink for both Banong and Momot (now Arenas) as they exchange their wedding vows on the said date.

Segue:
My beau and I got to the church around 3:10 pm (I guess, pretty early for a 3:30 ceremony which by the way started almost 4). I saw Banong and kissed him on his cheek (beso is apt). I saw in his face an admixture of emotions - ranging from excitement, fidgetiness and of course, joyous.

I am glad I saw the latter.


Momot was radiantly beautiful in her bridal gown. I knew in my heart, this is definitely her day.

A celebration like this will never be complete without the rest of the league, KAKA. In attendance were Edward, Gary, Normand, Jojit, Levi, Jere and Sherbet, Alvin and Tin, Elisier and moi. Bluntly I dare say, it was a blast. One could definitely say that this is a gathering of KAKA - all those silly laughter, comments and stories - wacky and serious ones.

Things will never be the same for me after I "picked" the "wrong" flower. Yes, I was the "catcher" or as other would say, "next in line". It was a first for me to ever participate in such wedding "games". My old and closest friends can testify that I dreaded weddings but I have changed (but this is a different story). My beau got the other flower - for obvious reasons.

I lost myself that evening.


I shed a tear or two as I watch Momot and her Dad danced. It was a sight to behold. I remember my Dad telling me when I was a lot younger that he (might) dreads the day that he will "give" me away to "some" man. After all, I am and will always be his girl.


But I have grown.

I still get afraid, cries a lot and still have gazillion of things to learn from life (which includes accepting the fact that not everybody is good) but time will come that I have to spread my wings and be the person that I am meant to be. And I never stopped seeking and praying for His approval.

Ha! I got my answers that night and the morning after.